Choosing Music For your Civil CeremonyThis weekend I spent a few hours choosing some music for our ceremony. In a civil ceremony you can more or less choose what you want for music as long as it is not religious in any way.
I am having a piper to pipe me into the ceremony, but wanted some nice classical music to play on a CD as guests were arriving and while we were signing the register.
I am not very knowledgeable about classical music so I spent a while listening to clips of classical music on Tesco Downloads and finally suggested the following pieces:
For Guests Arriving:
- Serenade in D Minor (London in Phillharmonic Orchestra)
- Meditation from Thais (Yo-Yo Ma & Kathryn Stott)
- Air from Water Music (Berlinner Phillharmoniker & Riccardo Muti)
- Canon in D (Acedemy of St Martin in the Fields and Sr Neville Marriner)
For signing the register:
- Air on the G String (The National Phillharmonic Orchestra Baroque Ensemble)
Labels: Wedding Music