My Wedding To Do List with less than 2 months to go
Long time no write!
I have been trying to make a post to this wedding diary every week and just realised that it has almost been a month since my last post - argh!
I have been pretty busy over the last month - I have left my work, I am starting my own business, I've been on lots of training courses, I've been setting up my new computer and lots of other things. In the meantime I have neglected the wedding diary a bit.
It is now less than 8 weeks until the big day!! I can't believe it. My to do list was looking quite achievable and short until I started to think about it all in more detail.
I thought it would be helpful to make a list of what I still had to do as this may be helpful to other people at the same stage in their wedding planning. Perhaps you are more organised than I am and have already done most of this?
Here is the list - the wedding is October 27th
- Write and Send Wedding Invitations (by 7th September)
- Decide on readings for the ceremony (by 15th September)
- Have tasting of wedding breakfast and decide on menu (by 15th September)
- Finish adding gifts to gift list (by 15th September)
- Collect wedding rings (September)
- Buy bridal underwear (September)
- Decide on song for first dance (by end of September)
- Decide on music for ceremony (by end of September)
- Submit M10 forms and payment to registry office (by end of September)
- Write/Decide on wording for ceremony and vows (by end of September)
- Fitting for wedding dress and bridesmaid's dresses (September/October)
- Ensure all final payments are made (September/October)
- Fill favour boxes (October)
- Make favours/goodie bags for kids (October)
- Have a bridal hair trial (October)
- Have a bridal makeup trial (October)
- Decide on photos required (October)
- Do seating plan (October)
- Finalise details with hotel (October)
- Buy gifts for attendants (October)
- Lose another half stone (asap) :-)
So what was originally a short list of 5 or 6 things has now ballooned!
That's all for just now as I need to go and start knocking things of this list :-) I will be posting again very soon this time!
Labels: Wedding Planning