Choosing a Wedding Band/Disco in EdinburghAs I mentioned earlier I am concentrating on sorting out all the big things for the wedding just now - that is the band, the photographer, videographer and the dress.
Stuart and I have just spent the last couple of hours tonight listening to bands online. What would we do without the internet? Well, I imagine we'd have to pour over the Yellow Pages, phone lots of people, ask for their demo CD, wait days or weeks for them to arrive and then make the decision.
Instead we just sat on the sofa and listened to almost every wedding band listed on Hire a Band. This site is a great resource, listing over 50 wedding bands, along with their photo, information about the band, their setlist, testimonials and most importantly some sample tracks.
It took a while but we made a shortlist of the 5 that we liked best (from the 2 & 3 piece bands) and sent an enquiry off to find availability and price.
I'll make another post here when I have more news on that front. At the moment I am dying to tick something off that big to do list of mine, but a band needs very careful consideration - after all they will be playing for your guests for the whole evening, probably 4 hours or more. So I am not going to rush into a snappy decision.
Other obvious ways to find a band apart from this website are:
- Check the Yellow Pages (or Yell)
- Search Google or Yahoo for "Wedding Bands", "Wedding Music", Wedding Entertainment" or "Wedding Discos" in Edinburgh/Scotland (or wherever you are)
- Visit a Wedding Fair - there are usually a few bands giving out their contact details/CDs
- Ask your friends - sounds obvious, but most people have been to a wedding recently or know someone who has
- Check out the ads in the Scottish Wedding Directory
If you know of a good band, please feel free to post a comment here too!
Labels: Wedding Music