Buying a Wedding Dress in EdinburghWell, it's now January and less than ten months until the big day, so it's time to start thinking about choosing a wedding dress. On one hand I am looking forward to this - trying on lots of expensive dresses has to be good fun, right? On the other hand I find the thought a little nerve wracking. I am a bit heavier than I'd like to be, especially after the festivities of Christmas and New Year and the thought of standing there in front of everyone in my bra and knickers as I try on dresses under the scrutinisation of everyone fills me with dread. I hear that it's not like being in a "normal" shop, where you go into the changing room, try something on, decide it looks awful and don't bother coming out to show anyone. There is no place to hide...
I have made my first appointment for Saturday 3rd February, so at least that gives me 3 more weeks to ramp up my fitness routine and lose a few more pounds :-)
I'll make another post to this blog once I have been for my appointment, but until then here is a list of some of the wedding dress shops in Edinburgh:
- Berketex Bride - 30-32 Frederick Street (0131-225-6646)
- Butterflies - 17-19 West Port (0131-228-4401)
- Caroline Castigliano - 6 Waterloo Place (0131-558-3355)
- Eleganza Sposa - 19 Waterloo Place (0131-524-7720)
- Emma Roy - 31-33 Leith Street (0131-557-2875)
- Kavelle - 302-306 Gorgie Road (0131-313-5225)
- La Novia - 6 York Buildings, Queen Street, Edinburgh EH2 1HY (0131 556 3445)
- Lorraine Weselby - 47 Broughton Street (0131-556-0038)
- Pretty Woman - 12 Earlston Place (0131-661-6951)
- Pronuptia - 13 Antigua Street (0131-556-5018)
- Susan Gregory - 5 Hutchison Terrace (0131-443-1685)
- Thistledown - 28 Haymarket Terrace (0131-337-5719)
A lot of the shops have websites (links above) so you can have a browse through the dresses before you go and get an idea of what you like. I'm probably going to try and visit most of these shops, with the exception of Caroline Castigliano (gowns start at £1000+ so too expensive) and Emma Roy, as I have been told by at least 5 different people that the service is terrible there.
Anyway, I am off to browse though some dresses!
Labels: Wedding Dresses