Questions to ask your Wedding VenueOne of the first things that you have to do when organising a wedding is to sort out the venue. I quite enjoyed this part of the planning - having a look around lots of different hotels in Edinburgh to see what each had on offer was good fun (especially if like me you are a bit nosy).
If you are being shown round a possible venue then you will usually be shown the various function suites for the ceremony (if applicable), the drinks reception, wedding breakfast and evening reception. If you are looking at a hotel you should also be shown one or more hotel bedrooms.
It makes sense to visit the venue's website and/or order a wedding brochure before you go for your show round. This way you will be prepared and have a good idea of the cost of the reception and the different possibilities for meal packages and drinks packages.
It's good to make a list of questions to ask while you are being shown around the venue, especially when you are just starting out.
Here are a few questions to get you started:
(1) What are the minimum & maximum numbers for each of the function rooms?
(2) Is there a function room hire charge?
(3) Are there any good places in the venue or ground to take photographs?
(4) Is it possible to vary the meal/drinks packages?
(5) Is there a sample tasting included?
(6) Do you have children's menus?
(7) Can I provide my own reception decorations/caterers/drinks etc?
(8) When is the deposit and payments due?
(9) Is there space for the bride/groom/bridesmaids to get changed?
(10) Will there be a wedding co-ordinator there on the day?
(11) Will there be a master of ceremonies included?
(12) Is there a place for guests to park?
(13) Do you offer discounted room rates for guests?
(14) Can I see a standard bedroom and a duluxe/suite?
(15) What time can the band/disco play until?
Labels: Edinburgh Wedding Venues