Our list of Possible Wedding Venues in EdinburghWe've now made a first pass at our guest list and we're looking at around 64 people + around 7 children during the day and an extra 30 or so at night.
I've also contacted the following places to get a copy of their wedding brochure or I've visited their website for information.
For all the hotels below you'll find their website address if they have one along with the approximate price for a wedding in 2007 of the numbers listed above including the ceremony and reception room hire (if applicable), the adult meal package price, drinks package price, children's meal price and buffet for 80% of the total guests. This should only be used as an approximate price for guidance only as things change, there are many types of meal and drinks package (I have used the cheapest ones for comparison purposes).
- Apex Hotel Grassmarket (approx £4050)
- Balmoral Hotel (approx £5600)
- Borthwick Castle (approx £8750)
- Caledonian Hotel (approx £5800)
- Dalhousie Castle (approx £9900)
- Dundas Castle (approx £11000)
- Dynamic Earth (approx £4400)
- Edinburgh Zoo (approx £3350)
- George Hotel (approx £5200)
- Glasshouse Hotel (approx £6000)
- MacDonald Houston House (approx £4300)
- MacDonald Holyrood (approx £4200)
- MacDonald Roxburgh Hotel (approx £4200)
- Marriott Dalmahoy (approx £6300)
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel (approx £4400)
- Norton House Hotel (approx £4900)
- Radisson Hotel (approx £4700)
- National Museums of Scotland (various)
The next step is to make a shortlist of the hotels that we like (and can afford) then phone up the wedding/events co-ordinator at the hotel and make appointments to come and see the hotel (aka "a wedding show round").
Get some more suggestions for Hotels in Edinburgh.
Labels: Edinburgh Wedding Venues